Saturday, July 17, 2010

IF I FIND OUT YOU WENT TO SAN DIEGO AND DIDN'T COME VISIT ME AT THE FANTAGRAPHICS BOOTH, I'LL SOCK YOU IN THE MUSH

That being said, I do hope you'll come out to Comic Con and celebrate the near release of the graphic novel I created (with my friend GEORGE CHIEFFET) at the Fantagraphics booth. Publisher Kim Thompson assures me that there will be copies of our book, LUCKY IN LOVE, BOOK ONE: A POOR MAN'S BIOGRAPHY available , and I'd love to get your initial reaction to it. I'll even do a teeny Post-it note sketch for you, if you ask me nicely.
Here's a link to the Fantagraphics Booth schedule:

http://www.fantagraphics.com/index.php?option=com_myblog&show=Your-Fantagraphics-Guide-to-Comic-Con-2010.html&Itemid=113;

Looking forward to seeing you there. I'm including a little sneak peak image for you below, of a color study ace artist CARLY MONARDO did for my LUCKY promotional film (which I designed and the brilliant MIGUEL MARTINEZ-JOFFRE directed and animated). Carly and Miguel are two VENTURE BROTHER stalwarts, and the film is completed and quite brilliant. I hope to announce its appearance on the web sometime soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

very much looking forward to picking up Lucky In Love & meeting you in person down at the con... and getting socked in the mush. So long as that's not too expensive.

Anonymous said...

Great to meet you and get the chance to chat for a little bit Stephen. You are a king among men & a super nice guy despite what that uncle. Though not so good at the socking in the mush bit.

The animated short looks great and I can't wait to dive into Lucky in Love later this week!

pbcbstudios said...

Wish I could have gotten to meet you at Comic Con - Lucky in Love is easily one of the best books I picked up at Comic Con! Great art and great writing! Can't wait for vol. 2!

sdestefano said...

Thanks Clarke! Great to have met you as well.
And I appreciate the kind words, pbc---I believe we came within a hair's breath of meeting each other at the Eisners, although I didn't realize it at the time!